Top reasons to visit Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge!
- Its the largest remaining oasis in the Mojave Desert.
- Nearly 30 species of plants and animals that don’t exist anyplace else on earth (referred to as endemic species).
- Ash Meadows has the highest concentration of endemic species in the United States.
- See relict species of desert fish that have existed here since mammoths drank from these very springs.
- Have you ever heard of fossil water? The water here is known as fossil water because it comes from melted ice from the last ice age.
- This is a photographer’s paradise where ice blue spring pools are a stark contrast against the harsh desert landscape.
- Ash Meadows is recognized internationally as an important wetland.
- The mysterious Devils Hole over 500 feet deep and the bottom has never been found.
- Each of the three boardwalks offers something unique to see and all are wheelchair accessible. There are picnic areas and benches too.
What are you waiting for?